The Slobodkina Foundation offers a variety of educational, art, and music programs for children and families of all ages.
Interactive programs, lectures, and touring opportunities are offered as part of our traveling exhibitions, Caps for Sale & Other Great Tales: The Art & History of a Storybook and its Maker, makes its way from New York to Florida and back.
Educational performance programs or workshops are presented by Slobodkina Foundation President Ann Marie Sayer, co-author with Slobodkina of More Caps for Sale and performer/narrator of the Caps for Sale musical album (Harper Collins).
Program fees are:
- $400/single program
- $600/2 programs
- $750/3 programs (same day/same building).
This entertaining and educational program engages children in an interactive musical/narrative performance of Caps for Sale and its sequel, More Caps for Sale. For children ages 2-7. Up to 150 participants per group.
In this program, children work together in a group environment while acting as the barnyard animal characters from The Wonderful Feast through reading, acting, and singing. The presentation also includes an artistic collage building activity inspired by the book’s illustrations. For children ages 5 to 8.
The program presents the story of renowned author, artist, and illustrator Esphyr Slobodkina and the challenges of her early childhood years up through young adulthood. Children also learn about her artistry, including how illustrations in the highly acclaimed children’s book Caps for Sale were made. This program is designed to inspire an interest in exploring children’s book illustrations and experimenting with collage.
Two programs available for children ages 8 to 12 or 13 to 18. Up to 60 participants per group.
Arts education for the elderly can be more than a pastime. The Slobodkina for Adults and Seniors Lecture Program, a slideshow presentation for up to 150 participants per group, offers older citizens an opportunity to discover untapped potential and, oftentimes, a renewed meaning of life.
Grandparent/Grandchild Time, Caps for Sale/More Caps for Sale talk and musical narrative
An interactive, hands-on experience for up to 150 participants per group.
General Program Details
- Caps for Sale/More Caps for Sale musical narrative performance (ages 2-7) (up to 150/group)
- The Story of How Caps for Sale Was Born narrative and workshop (ages 8-12) (up to 60/group)
- The Story of Esphyr Slobodkina talk and workshop (ages 13-18) (up to 60/group)
- Adult and Senior Lecture Program slideshow presentation (up to 150/group)
- Grandparent/Grandchild Time, Caps for Sale/More Caps for Sale talk and musical narrative (up to 150/group)
- One signed hard cover copy of each book
- Coloring page handouts
- Presentations that accommodate special needs and can be modified for smaller or larger groups
- Book signings available after most programs
- Flexible timing (Most programs run 50 minutes and can be modified according to your needs.)
More detailed and specific information can be found on each program’s page.